Battle For Chattanooga is a series of four races commemorating this area's Civil War history. Races are held in locations where key events of the Battles for Chickamauga and Chattanooga occurred in the fall of 1863.
Participation in Battle For Chattanooga is FREE and open to anyone (runners and walkers) who completes the qualifying events.
1. Finish an eligible event in each of the first two races in the series.
2. Finish one of the final two races in the series.
3. Pick up your medal in person, or send your name and address to have your finisher's medal mailed to you.
There is no cost to participate in Battle For Chattanooga, simply pay the entry fee for each race you run.
Finishers: Finishers will receive a custom-designed Battle For Chattanooga medal.
note: the first race in the series will be November 2017, the remaining races will be held in 2018.
2018 race dates are not yet confirmed and may change.
Required Races: Battle For Chattanooga participants must complete an eligible event in each of these two races.
Chickamauga Battlefield Marathon, Half-marathon, 5K, & Jr. Marathon. November 12, 2017
eligible events: Marathon, Half-marathon, 5K.
Chickamauga Chase April 21, 2018
eligible events: 15K, 5K, 8-mile trail
Optional races: complete one of these two races:
King of the Mountain May 12, 2018
Missionary Ridge Road Race August 11, 2018
event: 4.7-mile road race.
1. Battle For Chattanooga (BFC) participants must complete one eligible event in each of the first two races.
2. Participants must complete one of the two optional races.
3. Participant's name must be listed, for each qualifying race, in the official race results posted on the Chattanooga Track Club website.
4. Requests for mailed finisher medals must be received by October 31, 2018.
Receiving your BFC finisher's medal:
there are two ways to receive your custom-designed finisher's medal.
1. In-person pickup. Medals will be available at the final race of the series, the Missionary Ridge Road Race. Finishers' race results will be verified at pickup.
2. By mail. Send an email with your name and mailing address to firstname.lastname@example.org. Medals will be mailed beginning in August.
There is no charge for the medal or for mailing. Battle For Chattanooga is provided and paid for by Chattanooga Track Club and participating races.