Sports Barn Turkey Trot 2021
About the Race
Chattanooga's longest standing Thanksgiving road race returns this year at the Sportsbarn East for its 31st running!!
This historic family tradition road race and family walk is hosted by the Chattanooga Track Club, The Kidney Foundation of Greater Chattanooga and Chattanooga's longest standing and most beloved sports club, the Sportsbarn!
Please know that proceeds from our race help promote running and fitness through the Chattanooga Track Club and by providing direct support to our local community members who suffer with kidney disease through the efforts of The Kidney Foundation of Greater Chattanooga.
Hosted each year at the SportsBarn East, this event is all about health, and fun, so sign up now and start your Thanksgiving morning with a full-on 8k race or a more leisurely 3 mile walk & fun run with your family and favorite furry four-legger!
- Kiddie-K begins at 8:30 am. (6/10 of a mile run for 12-under)
- 3 Mile Walk / Jog begins at 8:45 am
- 8k Race begins at 9:00 am
Dogs and strollers are welcome in both the 3 mile and 8k events (outside only - no dogs allowed inside the Sportsbarn!). Please do be considerate of other participants and especially be sure and try to not cross paths with returning runners who may be working hard to get their best times or catch that one person ahead of them!
COVID Protocols: We wil be following CTC standard protocols for safety for as long as COVID is present in our community. Please see our overall guidelines here: CTC Race Health and Safety Guidelines.
For our 2021 event at the Sports Barn, key safety elements will include:
- Outdoor packet pickup
- Social distancing at the race start line by separating particpants into waves based on average paces.
- Masks are requested at race start for all unvaccinated participants and encouraged for all, to be safe. Once the pack thins out after starting, masks can come off.
- Aid stations will be self-serve with water in cups ready for pickup to minimize person-to-person contact with volunteers. Hand-sanitizer will be available at aid stations. Volunteers pouring the water will be wearing protective gloves.
Packet Pickup / On-Site Registration
- Wed Nov 27 9:00am - 6:00pm at Sportsbarn East - Pre-Registered t-Shirt / Packet Pick Up as well as day-before race registration will be available Wednesday, November 27 from 9am-6pm at Sportsbarn East on Lee Hwy.
- Thanksgiving Morning at Sportsbarn East
- 7:00am - 8:15am at Sportsbarn East
- KK Day of Race Registration / Bib & t-Shirt Pickup
- 3Mile Walk / Jog Day Of Race Registration / Bib & t-Shirt Pickup
- 7:00am - 8:30am at Sportsbarn East
- 8K Day Of Race Registration / Bib & t-Shirt Pickup
- 7:00am - 8:15am at Sportsbarn East
6170 Lee Hwy
Chattanooga, TN 37421
T-Shirts - Please Read!
Due to supply constraints this year (COVID has just made a mess of everything!), please make sure and register by October 25th to ensure you get a shirt on race day. The 8k and 5k races will include a long-sleeve race t-shirt in the registration fee through November 6 only.
We will likely continue to do short sleeves for the KK participants, but confirming before the end of October. KK Shirts will be included in KK fees throughout the registration period.
Opt-out and Opt-In schedules and pricing:
- Through November 6, T-Shirt will be included in the registration fee OR registrants may opt out andn save $6.00.
- Effective November 7, a T-Shirt will NOT be included in the registration fee. You will need to opt-in to receive a shirt and will be charged an additional $4 for rushed orders.
We will do our best to estimate and have everyone's T-Shirts on hand Thanksgiving morning. If we happen to fall short on any sizes / shirts for anyone who is due one, we will have them in sometime after the event and make them available for pickup at the Chattanooga Track Club offices as soon as they arrive.
- 8K Race
- 1st Place Top Overall Winners for male and female
- 1st Place Top Overall Masters Winners for male and female
- Age Group Awards - 1st, 2nd & 3rd Place for male and female in the following age groups:
- 12 and under, 13-15, 16-19, 20-29, 30-39, 40-49, 50-59, 60-69, 70-79, 80+
- Kiddie K 1st & 2nd Place for male and female
We will send out emails to all registrants as information here is updated. If you are not on our list and want to be updated with new information, please use the form under the "Ask A Question" tab above or address an email to "TturkeyTrot" at ChattanoogaTrackClub.org (using typical email address format: address@chattanoogaTrackclub.org)*
2019 Sportsbarn Turkey Trot
*Spammers are the bane of internet existance. Whenever you can avoid it, do not put a real email address on a web page. It will get "scraped" by software 'robots' and you'll start getting millions (ok, lots) of stupid emails from seriously inconsiderate human beings who ought to do something a lot better with their lives. Just sayin'.
29 days left to register
- 09:00 AM - 8k
- 08:45 AM - 3 Mile Walk / Jog
- 08:30 AM - Kiddie-K
Race director: Bill Brock
Thursday, November 25
07:00 AM - 08:15 AM - 3 Mile and KK Registration, Bib and T-Shirt Pickup at Sports Barn East on Lee Hwy.
07:00 AM - 08:30 AM - 8K Race Registration, Bib and T-Shirt Pickup at Sports Barn East on Lee Hwy.
08:30 AM - 09:00 AM - Kiddie-K
08:45 AM - 10:15 AM - 3 Mile Walk / Jog
09:00 AM - 10:30 AM - 8k
Events & Pricing
8k - Individual
$38.00 ($44.00 in 21 days)
3 Mile Walk / Jog - Individual
$28.00 ($32.00 in 21 days)
Kiddie-K - Individual
$6.00 ($8.00 in 31 days)